Domaine Laporte was founded in 1850 and is situated in the heart of the Sancerre appellation of the Loire Valley. There are 20 hectares in total of which 80% is Sauvignon Blanc, the remaining 20% comprising of Pinot Noir which goes up to make the estate's rose. The Sauvignon in this particular Pouilly-Fume comes from 30 year-old vines from vineyards known as 'Les Duchesses' situated in the village of Saint-Laurent de l'Abbaye. After fermentation the wine is matured on its lees for 5 months. It then undergoes further maturation of at least 30 days in the bottle before release.
A clear golden in colour with flashes of green. On the nose intense green fruits mingle with citrus fruit notes. On the palate, full and round with a touch of aniseed. The finish is clean and crisp. Drink with a crottin de Chavignol goat's cheese, baked trout with spinach, garlic and parsley or sea bass served with roasted red peppers.