Martin Arndorfer and his partner Anna Steininger come from a long line of winemakers (Anna is the daughter of one of the most revered winemakers in Austria, Karl Steininger). After attending winemaking school Martin gained more experience in Italy where he trained at the famed Ronco del Gnemiz and with leading white wine maker Fabrizio Iuli. When Martin returned from Italy, he and Anna began to make biodynamic wines together under their own label, 'MA Arndorfer' at the village of Strass in Austria's Kamptal Valley. Everything is biodynamic on the farm: no chemicals are used, no added sulphites are employed and the wines are neither fined nor filtered. 80% of the Gruner Veltliner that makes up this zesty white is fermented in oak, the other 20% in stainless steel tanks. After fermentation 50% is aged in large oak barrels, 50% in stainless steel for 7 months. 'Strasser Weinberge simply means 'vineyards in Strass' and only 8'000 bottles are made.
A delicate straw-yellow in colour. Scents of lemon, honey and almonds. On the palate, bone-dry yet zesty with a forward acidity. Flavours of lime, grapefruit and green herbs. The finish is spicy and lingering. Great food wine. Try with sautéed kidneys, grilled sardines or the traditional Austrian Weiner Schnitzel.